In this post we will learn about the application C4Droid application which can help you run and compile C/C++ programs on Android. This is the simplest C/C++ compiler for Android OS.
Features of C/C++ compiler for Android:
- Offline C compiler: create your own applications on Android device and run them even without Internet access
- Source code editor with syntax highlighting, tabs, code completion, code formatting, file association and undo/redo
- Export&share your programs as APKs or native executables (for terminal apps)
- No root required (but C4droid can use it for your programs if you want)
- Full ANSI C and ISO C99 support with TCC (Tiny C Compiler) + uClibc
- Git integration
- Customizable GUI, choose where to place tabs and buttons by yourself, themes are also supported.
More features with a free GCC plugin:
- Fully-functional C++ compiler, almost complete C++11 support with GCC compiler
- NativeActivity, Qt, SDL and SDL2 support for GUI