Today I am going to tell you something about UGC-NET exam which will held in December 2018.
In this blog, I’ll share each and every detail/information regarding the changes in UGC NET exam pattern and syllabus.
Changes introduces in UGC-NET Exam:
Now UGC is not conducted NET exam, from this year NTA i.e (NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY) is conducted and managed NET entrance exam, but why this is formed because:
- The purpose to set up NTA was to relieve CBSE from its duties of conducting examination, so as to focus on improving the quality of higher education on the nation.
- NTA is formed to reduce allegation of variation in difficulties levels amongst different sets of papers.
- The aims of the NTA are to ensure a standardized difficulties levels in the competitive exams and run a smooth admission procedure.
- UGC NET is conducted for the Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for Indian national citizens, and this exam will be conducted twice in an year.
PATTERN FOR THE EXAM:
As per the official information released by CBSE, UGC NET exam pattern is changed. check pattern blow.
UGC NET will consists of two different papers i.e(paper I and paper II) which is conducted in two sessions.
Number of Questions
50 (Questions to be attempted – All)
1 Hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM)
100 (Questions to be attempted – All)
2 Hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
So, this is the new pattern for the UGC NET exam.
- According to official website of CBSE, Paper I is conducted for testing the reasoning ability , comprehension, general awareness and divergent thinking.
- Two marks will be given for each correct answer and there is( no negative marking for the wrong answer.)
- The time will changed from 1:30 hr to 1:00 hr i.e (from 9:30 to 10:30).
- Number of question is reduced from 150 to 100.
- In paper II both previous paper II and paper III will combine and formed a paper II.
- Cut off will made according both paper I and paper II combine.
- Each section gets weightage: Five question and 10 marks from each section.
- Whenever pictorial question are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by equal number of question should be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
SYLLABUS FOR THE EXAM:
There are 10 topics is included for this exam are as follows:-
- Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching : Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids.
- Evaluation systems.
2. Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning , characteristics and types;
- Steps of Research;
- Methods of Research;
- research Ethics;
- Paper article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium;
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
3. Reading Comprehension
- A passage to be set with question to be answered.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
5. Reasoning(Including mathematical)
- Number Series; letter series; codes;
6. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- Verbal analogies: word analogy- Applied analogy;
- Verbal classification;
- Reasoning logical diagrams: simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram; Analytical reasoning.
7. Data Interpretation
- Sources,acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- graphical representation and mapping of data.
8. Information and Communication Technology(ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages ad uses;
- General abbreviation and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
9. People and Environment
- People and Environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutant and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
10. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India; Formal and distance education; professional/technical and general education; value education; governance, polity and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
(NOTE:- As per new pattern 8th , 9th and 10th are part of General Awareness)
ALL THE BEST!